The Singapore government will, from 1 Oct 2007, recognize an additional 19 overseas medical schools. Singaporeans and foreigners who graduate from these medical schools are eligible to register to practice medicine in Singapore.
The 19 new additions, which will bring the total number of recognized foreign institutions to 159#1, are listed below.
- Peking Union Medical College (PUMC), Tsinghua University
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University, School of Medicine
- Zhejiang University, School of Medicine
- Sun Yat-Sen University, Sun Yat-Sen College of Medical Science, Guangdong
- Wuhan University, School of Medicine
- The West China College of Medicine, Sichuan University
- Lady Hardinge Medical College (New Delhi), University of Delhi
- Grant Medical College (Mumbai), Maharashtra University of Health Sciences
- St. John’s Medical College (Bangalore), Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences
- Madras Medical College (Chennai), Tamil Nadu Dr.M.G.R. Medical University
- National Taiwan University, College of Medicine (Taipei)
- Chang Gung University, College of Medicine (Taoyuan)
- Keio University, School of Medicine (Tokyo)
- Nagoya University, Faculty of Medicine
- Kyushu University, Faculty of Medicine (Fukuoka)
- Tokyo Women’s Medical University
- South Korea
- Korea University, College of Medicine (Seoul)
- Univesiteit Leiden, Faculty of Medicine / Leiden University Medical Center
- Université de Lausanne (UNIL), Faculté de Medicine
#1 - The complete official list of recognized institutions are listed here.